UPDATE: Chef Melton’s 5-course “Aphrodisiac Dinner” on Valentines Day has been canceled. The restaurant’s FB notes that “We regret disappointing those of you who had made plans to dine with us, but reservation numbers were low and it was hard to justify the effort and expense we would put into such a special menu.”
Pap Mojo’s Mel Melton has full day set for Valentine’s Day on Sunday, Feb. 14. The restaurant will offer its BAYOU BRUNCH from 11am to 3pm. The brunch will have great music from Jasme Kelly. Chef Mel Melton is offering an “APHRODISIAC DINNER” SPECIAL. The special 5-course Valentine’s Day menu includes:
– Char-grilled oysters on the half shell w/ a garlic butter sauce and Parmesan & Romano cheese
– Crawfish corn bisque w/ Tasso and cornbread crouton
– Roasted winter vegetables latticed with our signature Jezebel Vinaigrette
– Red Snapper on the half shell w/ braised asparagus, lump crab meat and hollandaise
– Cote Diane – N.Y. strip filet, pan seared & topped w/ a Creole mustard & brandy cream sauce
– Grand Marnier chocolate mousse w/ Chantilly cream.
– Almond praline Crème Brulee w/ strawberries
A split of champagne is also included w/ each meal. Reservations required – $75/couple – 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm seatings. They begin taking reservations today.