Sarah Blacklin of The Carrboro Farmer’s Market writes:
The chilly weather has got me in the kitchen. This week I’ve made bread, yogurt, chutney, stewed apples, and soup. That’s a lot of evening stovetop time for me. If you’re like me and have a plethora of extra persimmons from the Market, you might want to try the tomato persimmon chutney recipe posted to the left. It’s delicious. Also, for a sweet dessert, try slow cooking apples, persimmons, ginger, cinnamon, and lemon juice. I throw it in the crockpot and then eat it with yogurt for breakfast or overtop ice cream for dessert. Fall is a perfect time to cook … and eat.
October 21 marks the last Wednesday Market for the season and the celebration of Fall Family Day. The Market, in cooperation with Kidzu Children’s Museum, Lantern Restaurant, the Orange County Partnership for Young Children, and the Orange County Health Department, will be providing an afternoon of fun activities for everyone in the family to enjoy.
Fall Family Day activities:
- Pumpkin Painting! FIRST 100 PUMPKINS ARE FREE FOR KIDS! A special thank you to Brinkley Farms for donating so many pumpkins for this event!
- Sack races on the green in front of the playground.
- Face Painting
- Farmers Market Scavenger Hunt with Prizes!
- Kids Craft Making Station
- Amazing Fall Food from Guest Chef, Andrea Reusing from Lantern Restaurant
The Saturday Market will continue all year long. Starting Saturday, November 7th the Market will run from 9am-Noon.