My friend Thomas told me that that a new German restaurant would be opening soon in Raleigh’s City Market. I found that Edelweiss Cafe and Catering is due to open this week serving lunch Monday through Saturday and dinner on Fridays and Saturdays.
The lunch offerings are advertised to include
- WIENER SCHNITZEL LUNCH: Fried tender pork loin served with German potato salad and bread..13.99
- BRATWURST LUNCH: 2 sausages, German potato salad, sauerkraut and bread..13.25
- GULASCH LUNCH: German/Hungarian beef stew served over spaetzle, bread..13.25
- HUEHNERBRUST LUNCH: Grilled chicken breast seasoned with herbs, German potato salad, bread..12.99
There are also several sandwich and salad offerings.
Dinner is advertised to include:
- Bratwurst Platte: German sausages..15.99
- Wiener Schnitzel: Fried breaded tender pork loin..16.99
- Gulasch: German/Hungarian beef stew (served over spaetzle – pick 1 more side)..16.75
- Jaeger Schnitzel: Grilled or breaded pork loin with mushroom gravy..17.99
- Schweinebraten: Tender, lean pork roast with gravy..16.99
- Rouladen: Beef, rolled and stuffed w. mustard, onion, bacon and pickles, simmered in gravy..17.99
- Kasseler Rippchen: Smoked pork chops with sauerkraut..16.99
- Huehnerbrust: Grilled chicken breast, seasoned with herbs..16.50
There are special dinners as well as salad plates.
Edelweiss has a beautiful selection of cakes on its website that would provide plenty of reason for a visit
You can find Edelweiss at 317 Blake Street, Raleigh, NC, 27601. The phone number is 834.0901.