My church is recruiting a team to take part in the Crop Walk that’s planned in downtown Raleigh for October 4.
Registration/Activities are at 12:30 p.m. and the Kickoff Celebration begins at 1:45 p.m.
The actual walk itself begins at 2 p.m. and ends around 4 p.m.. This is a family friendly activity so bring the kids along. After the walk, families may visit Marbles Kid Museum from 4 – 5 p.m. All activities begin and end at Marbles Kids Museum. This year’s walk is approximately 3.1 miles
CROP WALKS, community-based fundraising events, raise money for local hunger-fighting agencies as well as the international relief and development efforts of Church World Service.
Free parking is located behind Marbles Kids Museum in the Long View Center parking lot (accessible from both Morgan and Person Streets)
• Parking Deck at corner of Blount and Hargett Streets
• Parking Lot at City Market
• Street Parking around Moore Square
Proceeds will go to five different Triangle agencies that provide hunger releif:
- Catholic Parish Outreach – www.cporaleigh.org
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina – www.foodbankcenc.org
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle – www.foodshuttle.org
- North Raleigh Ministries – www.northraleighministries.com
- Urban Ministries of Wake County – www.urbanmin.org