We are members of the Vollmer Farm CSA. We got the news the blueberries are ready for picking.
The Vollmer Farm is excited to finally be able to offer this unique experience to our customers.
Just like everything else we grow and sell in the spring and summer, the blueberries are certified organic. Pick-your-own blueberries will be sold 3 different ways:
- $7.95 per pound
- A small clamshell container for $13.00
- A bucket (typically used for strawberry picking, holds over 6 pounds) for $48.00
The fields will be open for blueberry picking to the public on Saturdays and Sundays ONLY.
Blueberry Picking Tips:
- Using your hand as a cup, roll the berries between your thumb and forefinger, ripe berries should twist off easily.
- Look for solid blue berries. Pink back berries are NOT ripe and NOT tasty!
- 5 Second rule applies for dropped blueberries, pick them up
If you prefer, there are pre-picked blueberries in the market for $5.95 per pint.